Benefit Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands of makeup. Their packaging is incredibly cute and clever. Even though their prices are high, compared to YSL, Dior, Chanel, it’s quite affordable. I will give a quick break down of my experiences with this brand.
First item: I bought the velvet eyeshadows for my mom but ended up keeping it for myself! And also YouRebel at the same time. I loved using YouRebel at the beginning but I feel like it oxidizes too much now.
- Bella Bamba- Pigmented, smells great, amazing colored blush
- Silky finish lipstick in Skinny Dip- Really natural color that gives a shine on the lips. No lipgloss needed
- Bad Gal Mascara- Separates lashes and gives incredible length
- YouRebel- A medium coverage tinted moisturizer. They only have it in two shades, this only matches me in the summer.
- Velvet Eyeshadow- Nothing great nothing bad. Nice soft buttery eyeshadow but similar to Too faced and Urban Decay
- Hoola- The bronzer did a good job for me and I liked that it was matte but I haven’t been wowed by it. Not sure if it’s worth the price.
- High beam- Great highlighter, but again not sure if worth the price.
- Some Kinda Gorgeous- I hated this foundation, bad smell, limited shades, applies dry.
- Cha Cha Tint- Dries too fast, stains my fingers when applying.
- Eye Bright- Good concept but made no difference.
High flyin’ glosses
Personal Views: I think this brand is a great choice for the teens to early 30’s crowd. The cute packaging and whimsical designs make getting ready so much fun. Their best known products are probably their powder blushes which I enjoy. I would like to see them venture and create some great value palettes. I rarely finish my products and would like to try new products through value sets. But I feel like Benefits always put the same products in their sets which makes it not worth buying. Also I would really like to see a great eyeshadow palette from them.
Is Benefit one of your favorite brands? What products do you like/dislike? What have you been dying to try?